No Cost Abortion Services for Illinois Residents
Quality Compassionate Reproductive Health Care Personalized to Fit Your Needs
There is NO FEE for Abortion Care if:
- You Have Illinois Medicaid Coverage OR
- You Can Show Proof of a Pending Application for Illinois Medicaid Coverage
Illinois Medicaid provides coverage for abortion services, with no out of pocket expense for patients.
Family Planning Associates can also provide free abortion care for women who are eligible for Illinois Medicaid and have already or plan to apply for coverage. CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR COVERAGE NOW.
If you have current Illinois Medicaid coverage:
Your insurance will cover an abortion 100% – You pay nothing. Sedation, medications, lab testing, ultrasound, and RhoGAM if you have a negative blood type are all included, with the procedure. This includes Medicaid coverage through CountyCare, Blue Cross Community Health, Meridian, IlliniCare, and Molina Healthcare.
If you do not currently have Illinois Medicaid coverage:
You do not have to wait to have your procedure – just apply for Illinois Medicaid online if you qualify. Be prepared to show proof of your pending application. Once you apply – you pay nothing for abortion services.
- An Illinois Medicaid card or a Medicaid MCO card (managed care organization such as County Care, Next Level Health, Meridian Health Plan, Illinicare health, etc…)
- A photo or screen shot showing you have coverage from your online ‘Manage My Case’ portal
- A print out or screen shot showing that you have applied for Illinois Medicaid coverage
- Photo ID
You can email your application documentation to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is a good idea to let us check your application documents before you come in for your visit just in case we need any additional information.
When you call to make your appointment please give our phone representative your nine digit Medicaid recipient number. If you do not have your recipient number we can look it up for you with some basic personal information.