No Cost Abortion Services for Illinois Residents
Quality Compassionate Reproductive Health Care Personalized to Fit Your Needs
There is NO FEE for Abortion Care if:
- You Have Illinois Medicaid Coverage OR
- You are Willing to Apply for Illinois Medicaid Coverage
Illinois Medicaid provides coverage for abortion services, with no out of pocket expense for patients.
Family Planning Associates can also provide free abortion care for patients who are eligible for Illinois Medicaid and apply for coverage. Most patients who are pregnant are approved within just a few days. CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR COVERAGE NOW.
If you have current Illinois Medicaid coverage:
Your insurance will cover an abortion 100% – You pay nothing. Sedation, medications, lab testing, ultrasound, and RhoGAM if you have a negative blood type are all included, with the procedure. This includes Medicaid coverage through CountyCare, Blue Cross Community Health, Meridian, IlliniCare, and Molina Healthcare.
If you do not currently have Illinois Medicaid coverage:
First, Apply for Illinois Medicaid online if you qualify. Do not wait, start your application today.
Please remember to say that you are pregnant when filling out the application.
Ask that coverage begin at the beginning of the current month or applied to previous months if you have any outstanding medical bills.
Fill out the application carefully and completely.
Provide good contact information so a caseworker can talk with you, including a phone number and email address that you check everyday. The sooner you communicate with a caseworker, the sooner you will be able to receive medical coverage.
Save your user name and password so you can check your application status easily.
Be prepared to provide proof of current Illinois residency.
Once you are approved for coverage – you pay nothing for abortion services. You can also get started on a birth control method the day of your abortion visit.
If you need immediate coverage, we can help you find a Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility Provider who can help you leave with coverage the day you apply.
- An Illinois Medicaid card or a Medicaid MCO card (managed care organization such as County Care, Next Level Health, Meridian Health Plan, Illinicare health, etc…)
- Proof of Illinois Residency
- Photo Identification
- Apply for coverage as soon as possible. The sooner you apply the sooner you will be able to come in for care.
- If you are unsure of the status of your application call us and we can check to see if you have been approved.
- If you do not have your recipient number yet we can look it up for you with some basic personal information.
- We can see you for an ultrasound and evaluation if needed before you receive final approval for your coverage.
- We can help you find a Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility provider if you need immediate coverage.